There’s been a massive controversy lately with cab drivers basically attempting to shut down whole city streets in anger at Uber.
They claim its taking away business from them and drastically lowering their own income.
At the same, is it really worth shutting down streets and pissing off ordinary people to get their voices heard? The cab drivers think so, but most ordinary people think that their protests are making people dislike cab drivers even more.
Ever seen I started using Uber, I’ve been very happy with the service. I started with a free ride from a promo uber code I found on http://www.uberpromocodetoronto.ca/,
However, there are some valid points that the cab drivers have despite their unsavory methods.
Disadvantages of Uber-
1) Lack of proper insurance. This is a major criticism.
2) Surge rates can go upto incredibly high amounts (3 to 4x on busy nights, I’ve seen surge hit 5x).
However, beyond that Uber is a better user experience on the overall, and I’m very happy with my experience with them.
Let’s recap some of the advantages-
1) Calling Ubers is easy through their mobile app, thus saving a lot of time. Nothing sucks more than trying to hail a cab in -20 weather. Uber allows you to call an Uber and then you can go outside when its there.
2) Uber’s payment system is much better, since you don’t have to fumble for cash. It automatically charges you card. You get in, and when your ride’s done you get out. There’s no stumbling around for change.
3) Uber is generally cheaper because it charges 20-30% less than cabs in Toronto. An Uber car ride from my home to the airport is around 45-50$, while with cabs its 70$.
Overall Uber wins because of its excellent user experience. Sure, Surge rates do suck, but they’re not an issue unless you’re out at night a ton.